Qualified Relationship Counsellor
Registered Member MBACP
As an experienced Relationship Counsellor, I recognise that most relationships at some point encounter challenges which leave us experiencing very difficult thoughts and feelings. I have an excellent understanding of relationship issues and have worked with many individuals, couples and families to find resolution to their difficulties.
LIFE IS EVER CHANGING, AND IT IS COMMON TO feel:
· Torn between the demands of private and professional lives
· Anxious about the expectations of others
· Tired of the same old arguments
· Reeling from the impact of an affair
· Exhausted by the demands of a young family
· Wondering why that initial sexual attraction has waned or disappeared
· Grappling with the concerns of teenage children
· Wondering what to talk about now the children have left home
· Missing fun, intimacy and closeness in our life
Each of these scenarios is very common, and together we can work to find answers.
Counselling is an opportunity to take stock and reflect with someone who has seen many variations of these scenarios before. I will help you either as an individual, couple or family to make sense of what is going on for you, and decide the best course of action in light of your reflections. We will work together to identify why that ‘Here we go again!’ feeling leaves you feeling so frustrated and find more effective ways of living and communicating. We will unravel some of the misunderstandings and hurt that you have experienced and begin to talk about difficult things in a way which is constructive and helpful. We may consider how the past might be affecting the present, and focus on how the future might be different.
My focus is always to help you through these difficulties in a way which enables you to feel in control of the outcomes of your counselling.
My career to date has included five years working for RELATE as a Relationship Counsellor.
Thirteen years working in primary education, culminating in the post of Assistant Head specialising in Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties and Special Educational Needs.
Registered member of BACP
TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Master’s degree – Relationship Therapy (2016) - University of Hull
· National Special Educational Needs Qualification (2015) - University of Reading
· Positive Parenting Practitioner (Triple P) accredited trainer (2011) - University of Queensland
· Bachelor’s degree – Psychology (2003) – The Open University
My theoretical approach is Integrative, and includes systemic and psychodynamic training.
I offer both short- and long-term therapy.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50 per session for individual counselling
£60 per session for couple counselling
As an experienced, RELATE trained, Couple and Family Counsellor, I recognise that most relationships at some point experience challenges that seem difficult, even overwhelming. I have an excellent understanding of relationship issues and have worked with many individuals, couples and families.